Monday, August 23, 2010

Ah, hear that? Three kids are out of the house

Well, today is the first day of school for all my 'big' kids! I'm excited to get them to hear about their first day. Keaton is in seventh grade this year so he's pretty relaxed about hitting the middle school again this year. Sydney on the other hand is starting sixth grade, which in her world means anxiety. She's just like her dad-she really doesn't care for change. She's memorized the school map and her schedule. I've tried to explain to her that there will be people in the hallway helping the sixth graders get where they need to go but she's convinced she's invincible and can do all, be all, see all on her own! My 'baby' is in forth grade. She has a new teacher. She was still laying awake in bed at 9:45 last night claiming she was 'too excited to sleep!" I just about ran into her when I was walking out of my room at 6am! I'm sure she's going to be ready for a nap when she gets home.

I have high expectations for this year. During our orientation nights last week I talked to many teachers that had Keaton as a student last year and am convinced that he is underachieving. He's been placed in all Pre-AP classes this year with the exception of math. He's going to have to work a little harder to succeed this year! I don't think he realized that when he came home with the forms to fill out!

Sydney was in the GT program last year so she is automatically enrolled in all the Pre-AP classes this year with the exception of one class that the school does not offer in Pre-AP. She will succeed again. She will be too hard on herself and push herself as far as she can go.

Morgan is another story all together. I'm glad I don't have to compare my kids because they are all so different. Sydney is her father's child. Morgan is definitely mine! She's just not as in to school as the other kids. She's getting a little more excited about school. I think she likes that she's the only one left at her school. Next year the real baby of the family will start kindergarten and they'll both be at the same school for a year.

Tareyn was up last night and has once again lost all of her special privileges for the day. Again today, no leapster, no baby computer, no colors or coloring books, no playdough, nothing except the toys in the bins. No tv, no real computer (other than my music that's playing right now).

It's been a long few days and I can't wait to get us onto some sort of schedule again. I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited to get started again. My goal for this week is to drink my 110 ounce bottle of water each day. If I have more than that GREAT but that's my daily goal. I'm not sure if my Bible study girls are going to come over early tomorrow to try and walk or not. We're going to make that a Tuesday morning thing before we start our study! I'm going to try and walk the mall at least two days a week, possibly three (aiming for Wednesday, Friday right now but I might add Monday in the mix).

We'll see what happens but I'm optimistic to see change.

No comments: