Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thinking

I've been thinking a lot lately. I seem to reflect a lot more than usual this time of year. Of course things have been changing this year. I've come a long way baby. I keep thinking about where I was last year at this time. In Feb it will be my official one year anniversary on mf. I think about diet and exercise a lot lately. I think about being a good mom and not someone that's just around to fix the food and do the laundry. I think about being a good wife. I think about being a good friend. I think about where I've been and where I'm going in life.

At the beginning of the year I had a full time job that I mostly enjoyed. I had my youngest daughters in 'day care' because of it. I was living in IN. I weighed a whole heck of a lot more than I do now. Since Feb I've lost a total of about 50-52# at any given time. Total weight loss from my highest is 65-67#s.

Sometimes I feel like I obsess about diet and weight. It seems to be all I can think about sometimes. When can I eat again. What will I have next. Am I going to get my little exercise in for the day? How do I feel?

1 comment:

rodeomom426 said...

I suppose this is the time of year that we all start to think of our ups and downs of the our lives. From what I can tell, you have made stupidous strides toward being a better you in 2007. You made a huge physical move which allowed you to be a stay at home mom. Now your children have their mom home for them. On top of that you have been working on becoming the woman you want to be physically. There is no sin in being overweight, but we all know that being slimmer helps us be healthier. If you are concerned about being obsessed with the plan (notice I didn't call it a diet) and your body image try to think of the process as one of getting healthier instead of losing weight. If you focus on the health aspects and relate the weight loss as a side effect your whole attitude toward what you are doing will change. I know you are also concerned about how your actions affect your daughters and their own body image. If you can focus your life around being healthy and NOT around being skinny, your daughters will learn that being healthy and making healthy eating choices are important and that the plus side to healthy eating is that you are slim.