Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Begin again

Woohoo! I got my order last night. At 8:05pm the doorbell rang and C and I just looked at each other and I said "WHAT? My friends don't come over this late!"

Well, he answered the door and it was a box! I'm so excited. I got my order! I've already had two shakes so far today. I'm not feeling too bad. I had my second shake about an hour ago. I'm on my fourth bottle of water. The baby and I will walk to get the kids from school cause it's supposed to be nice out. I'll take a lap around the subdivision before we go tho. I should mention that I was 223.8 this morning. I know for a fact that when I transition to maint. I should probably go a little lower than my goal weight just cause I'm probably going to gain some weight back. This was two days off plan. And I wasn't being bad, just eating 'normal' foods. Just much smaller portions. And not a lot of snacking going on.

So, I've been kind of blah lately. I have a whole lot of things to get done and I DO NOT feel like doing any of them. I have a friend that needs to do some sewing and she's had problems motivating herself to do what needs to be done. I love to crochet. I got my niece's blanket done and started another blanket. I'm so frustrated that I don't even want to work on it. It's going to be for my good grams. And I have no intention of having it done for Christmas although it would be a nice surprise to just mail it to her. Instead of working on it, I'm pissing myself off trying to get it done in time to surprise her so I'm not working on it at all. Pretty stupid right. Yeah, I know. Again, it's all in the mindset. I know I don't have to have it done but I've put a deadline on it. And instead of working towards that goal I'd rather pout and not work on the blanket at all. I mean, it's just a blanket. And she doesn't even know I'm doing it. So, no big deal if it's NOT done in time.

Again, all mindset. Same thing with the 'diet'. I know I shouldn't call it that. But for me to do it I have to say I'm on a diet. I can't have that. Thanks anyway.

Well, C had the day off yesterday so we decided to get some of the shopping done for the kids. I think that we have a majority of the gifts bought. I need to get at least one outfit for each kid. And some purple sheets to go with a comforter I bought. I'm going to get a Walmart card after Christmas and start putting $20 or $40 on it each time he gets paid. If I only do the $20 then I will have at least $440 saved for next year's Christmas. Now I just have to remember to do it. I vowed that we would not be using any plastic to purchase gifts this year (other than debit cards) and we have not used them yet. Also, we would not be behind on our bills just to be able to buy expensive gifts. I'm taking the lead of a friend in thinking about the gifts I will be giving instead of just getting something to be able to have something to give. I think that for my two new girlfriends here I will take a start off of my spider plant and plant them and give them a new plant for Christmas. Is that cheesy? The one girl just moved in down the street and I was going to do it as a housewarming gift. I also thought about doing little starts for both her girls. Jo got two spider plant starts from her teacher last year and she thought she was HOT STUFF! Plus the one plant has about ten babies hanging on it.

Okay, need to move and get some stuff done. Laundry, dishes, kitchen, read the Sunday paper.

1 comment:

rodeomom426 said...

Just a thought on the whole "diet" thing... I have noticed that only fat people are on diets and so many people have become immune to the word and actually sarcastic about the whole thing. I know you have hear the joke about "die with a t". Consider this - you are starting a new life, part of that new life is a new nutrition program. Next time someone offers you something say, "I am sorry, but I have decided to start eating healthier and that isn't on my list" or "Thanks, but that isn't allowed on my new nutrition program." Believe me it works. When you tell someone it is a "nutrition program" they will respect you more than when you call it a diet. Maybe for you - in your head you need the word diet to make it real for you, but also consider that "diet" often seems to be a temprorary thing - what we are doing is going to be permanent! You are learning how to eat and be healthier, so why not tell it like it is? Oh, and the idea of sharing your spider plant! LOVE IT! Maybe you can find some clay pots and decorate them with some paint or something. They aren't that expensive and it would be a really personal gift to show how much you value their friendship. love ya sis