Sunday, November 11, 2007

Can't sleep...

Well, my parents flew out this morning. It was a very nice week while they were here. Now it's just depressing. They told my kids bye last night before bed. All three of my big kids went to bed crying. They were all very upset to see the grandparents go away. And we're not sure when we'll see them again. Corey and I were talking about taking a vacation in IN next summer. Maybe around the fourth of July.

The week was crazy in and of itself. Kids were still in school. Parents got here Friday night a week ago (in the middle of the night again--11pm or so-way past my bedtime). We got up and spent some time together on Sat. Took the kids to the duck pond to feed all the ducks and then play on the toys. Had to hit a store after that so the p's could get all their bathroom stuff (didn't want to bring it in their luggage with them).

Don't think we did anything on Sunday??? Just did a lot of hanging out together. Spending time playing in the back yard. We had to hit the grocery store cause I didn't have carrots to put into the roast for dinner.

Monday and Tuesday Corey took off work. We went into his office on Mon. so the p's could see where he worked. Also got to see that part of town. We went to lunch at this local steak buffet. I didn't even have any steak.

Wednesday we went into the school and had lunch with all three kids. That was VERY time-consuming. Miss Morgana eats at 11:20, the boy eats at 11:50. And Josephina didn't come in until 12:10. It was also fun to try and entertain the baby that long. I think that I might go in once a week to eat with one kid. After we did lunch I drove the p's by the library and then around Lackland. My dad loves airplanes. Every since Sept. 11th they won't let anyone on base that shouldn't be there. So, we just drove around a lot.

Wednesday the boy child had young astronauts after school so we really didn't plan much. We took walks almost every night after dinner. I don't think that I walked less than five miles each day the p's were here.

We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheeses on Thursday night. It was nice. We got there around four and we were the only ones in there for like 30minutes. Then one other mom came in with two kids. I think we spent about three hours there. After a couple of hours it started to get a LOT busier.

Friday we went downtown after the kids got out of school. They only had a half day. We went on the Riverwalk and went to the Alamo. I was totally impressed. Corey has the 26th off this month and I told him that I wanted to go back downtown next time he has a weekday off. I had to fight a little with the baby to keep her in her stroller. But other than that it was pretty awesome. We did the boat ride tour thingy. I got to see the Christmas tree up at the river mall. I also found the IMAX theater (it's at the mall). I could have spent a LOT of time checking things out. We walked past a wax museum, the Guiness Book of Records Museum. I found the Children's museum. Plus all the buildings were just awesome. I'm not sure who but someone told me that I probably wouldn't be very impressed with the Alamo but I was. I could have spent a lot of time there reading all the displays and checking out all the grounds.

It was such a nice time to have the p's here. We didn't have any really stressful or crazy times. We had to rearrange the sleeping arrangements again. We put the airbed in the boys room and moved his bed out to the family room. That way mom and dad could share a room and everyone had a bed.

I'm so tired right now. I got up at 3:15 to be able to wake up a little before having to drive them to the airport this morning. I was back in bed before five. Baby was up at seven and was not very happy. She didn't get changed during the night last night so she was soaked. She's napping again. I tried to lay down but I can't sleep. Miss M was nice enough to try and give me a foot massage so I would go to sleep. It really just tickled sometimes.

Okay, kids are watching Spiderman 3. I'm going to go see what's happening and then fix some lunch. I think I'm done with this novel.

Oh, and I forgot to say C got called into work today. UGH. And I have NOT stepped on the scale this week cause I was TOTALLY OFF PLAN. I enjoyed too many treats. Either tomorrow or Tuesday I will rejoin the dieting community. *MORE ON THIS LATER. I didn't realize I joined a cult*

No comments: